DEALING WITH PSORIASIS

 I have been suffering for what I thought was severe dandruff for several years. I got it during may mid 20s. I have tried various anti-dandruff shampoos and herbal creams and oils but none of them worked for me. I also consulted some dermatologists in my town. I found out that it was psoriasis when it also appeared on my face and back. Using biopsy procedure, it was ruled out that it was indeed psoriasis. My doctor prescribed me Methorex tablets. This is what I found about Methorex on the web: 

Methorex 2.5mg Tablet is a medicine used to treat rheumatoid arthritis where it can prevent further joint damage. It is also used to treat severe forms of a skin disease called psoriasis by killing cells in the skin which are growing too quickly. Methorex 2.5mg Tablet may be used alone or in combination with other medicines.

I took Methorex and followed the prescribed dosage. If I am right, my treatment did not last a year. My psoriasis on my face was finally removed. Another doctor whom I consulted also prescribed a very effective medicine. It is called Daivobet. This Daivobet gel can be bought in drugstores provided that you present your prescription. You can use it twice a week directly on your scalp to treat psoriasis. I cannot find it in Lazada but there’s a product almost similar to it here in Shopee. It is called Dovobet. You can check it here.

One of the problems of a psoriasis patient is finding the right shampoo. It seems that all shampoos cause more scales or dandruff like stuff on your scalp. However, I managed to find an effective shampoo which removed the itchy feeling of the scalp and its flaking. I have been using it to manage my scalp psoriasis for almost 5 years now. It costs more than other shampoos but I can say that it is really worth it. The brand is Neutrogena. To be exact, it is Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo. One bottle of 473 ml or 16 fl oz could last for probably 2 months. I buy 2 bottles every now and then to save from the shipping cost. You can use it everyday. You do not need much to put on your hair. 

You can buy them here:

Shopee /Lazada – https://budolph.online/2024/03/29/neutrogena-t-gel-psoriasis-shampoo-original-formula-anti-dandruff-shampoo-therapeutic-shampoo/


I hope I was able to help people who suffer from this kind of skin disease. My recommendation is to consult a doctor particularly a dermatologist. If you have any questions, you can ask in the comment section. If you have already tried these treatments, feel free to share you experiences as well.


Post a Comment

0 Comments