USEFUL JAPANESE WORDS/EXPRESSIONS PART 2

 



(especially in the hospital)

Sentences….

  • I am hungry. Onaka ga suita.
  • My stomach is full. Onaka ga ippai.
  • I have stomach ache. Onaka ga itai.
  • I have headache. Atama ga itai.
  • I have backache. Senaka ga itai.
  • I’m thirsty. Nomitai/ nodo ga kawaita.
  • Water, please. Mizu wo kudasai.
  • Tighten the belt. Kitsuku shite.
  • Loosen the belt.
  • I like ….. …. Ga suki.
  • I dislike …. ……. Ga kirai
  • I want to go to the toilet. Toire ni ikitai.
  • Flush the toilet. Mizu wo nagashite.
  • Please turn on the lights. Denki wo tsukete kudasai.
  • Please turn off the lights. Denki wo keshite kudasai.
  • Bring me… ….mottekite…
  • Please buy….…..katte kudasai.
  • Please give me…. …..wo kudasai.

 

Words used in hospitals….

  • Poop Unchi
  • Bowel movement Unchi suru
  • Constipated Benpi
  • Diarrhea Geri
  • Fart Onara
  • Gargle Ugai
  • Toothpaste Hamigaki ko
  • Toothbrush Haburashi
  • Brush teeth Hamigaki
  • Urine Oshikko
  • Urinate Nyou
  • Pee Oshikko suru
  • Hot Atsui
  • luke warm water (for drinking) sayu
  • Warm Atatakai
  • Cold (water) tsumetai
  • Cold (weather)samui
  • Laundry sentaku
  • Detergent senzai
  • Soap sekken
  • Menstruation seiri
  • Body Temperature taion
  • Blood pressure ketsuatsu
  • Blood test saiketsu
  • Urine test nyou kensa
  • Hospital clothes byoi
  • Diaper omutsu
  • Itchy kayui
  • Medicine kusuri
  • Injection chusha
  • Wash hand tearai
  • Test kensa
  • Gloves tebukuro
  • Hot water bottle yutampo

 

Confusing words

  • Watch/See/Look

I will watch a movie.

(usually there is understanding of the thing that you are watching, there is action)

I will see my sister.

I can see the blue sky.

(no action)

I will look for flowers.

(sometimes the same as see but can mean to search for)

  • Hear /Listen

I hear the sound of the birds.

(just hearing)

I listen to my teacher.

(with understanding of what you listen to)

  • Lend/Borrow/rent

Borrow  kariru

Lend kasu (muryou) without money involved

Rent kasu (yuuryou) with money involved

Image by Sabrina Eickhoff from Pixabay


Post a Comment

0 Comments